General Prayer Requests
Our main meeting 'Explore' is on every Thursday evening. Please pray for:
Our mission is to reach EVERYBODY in the univeristy and big part of this is reaching out to International Students. There are many events put on throughout the year for International Students but our main one is Globe Cafe. Please pray for the:
"Until you know that life is war, you cannot know what prayer is for."
"You can do more than prayer after you have prayer; but you can never do more than pray until you have prayed."
- Adoniran Judson
"And since He bids me seek His face,
Believe His Word and trust His grace,
I'll cast on Him my every care."
- William Walford
From the very start of the academic year, we have Freshers' Week (end of September). Throughout the week we run events to show students who we are and what we believe in. Please pray for:
- The logistics of organising the week of events
- Relations with the SU
- Team organisation, prayer for wisdom in planning and organisation
- Continuation of friendships made during that week throughout the year.
We also run two Events Weeks in November and February where we aim spread the Gospel on campus. We invite guest speakers to come and answer the big questions students have about Christianity. We provide a very informal environment through events like 'Pudding Night', 'Pub Quiz' and 'Curry Night'. Please pray for:
- Logistics and planning (from booking venues to preparing food)
- Guests travelling from around the world, for physical strength and spiritual drive during the week
- Evangelism Team, who plans the entire week, hospitality team, who provide the food. All these are students who are giving up their time to serve the CU.
- Follow-Up, for all those who have a desire to know more about Christ and the CU members who will be helping them discover more.
We hold prayer meetings every weekday morning, where we pray for our non-Christian friends, each other, persecuted Christians around the world and for all the events we put on during the year. Please pray for:
- CU members, that we may have the energy to get up in the morning (a serious challenge to us students)
- Prayer leaders, that they will encourage us to be prayerful, not just in the morning but throughout the whole day and week