What is Globe?
Welcome to Globe Café - please stay and watch the video to find out more about the best thing happening every Wednesday for international students!
Click here to watch a video about what happens at Globe. (opens in new window)
Globe Café details…
- On Wednesdays at 12:45 – 2:00 in the chaplaincy.
- Free lunch provided
- Chance to meet both British and other International students
- A chance to hear some of the claims of the Christian Faith and meet some Christians.
What have students said about Globe Café?
“Globe is a great place to meet other students and enjoy some lovely food prepared by the Globe team. They are very welcoming and the Café is something to look forward to in the middle of the week!” Stefan, Germany
Each week at Globe Cafe there is a different theme. The theme will either be certain cuisine from around the world or to celebrate a special occasion! The first Globe is a special Welcome Globe during freshers week (25th September) and from the following week (2nd October) normal Globe begins.
That should be all you need to know about Globe, if you have any questions then please use the “Get in Touch!” box on the right. We hope to see you on a Wednesday!
From the Globe team.
Every year the Christian Union helps international students move in to their accommodation. We know it’s a stressful time leaving your country, having a long flight, then an awkward coach journey, followed by hauling heavy bags around. That’s why we help you guys move into your accommodation!
Check the video below to see how we helped Alex Kwan, Hong Kong move in.
What else is there for Internationals?
Cafe International at Widcombe Baptist Church
Café International takes place at Widcombe Baptist Church on Tuesday evenings, 7:30 - 10:30 pm.
The café is a very similar style to Globe Café, except there are many more things to do including:
- Enjoy many exotic foods from global cuisines
- Play games
- Meet British people
- Meet other Internationals
- Have the chance to go to British people’s houses to make friends and learn more about our culture
For more information go to http://www.bathci.org.uk/
International Cafe @ St Barts
- To make friends with people from Britain and across the world
- To practise speaking English with local British people
- To relax, play games and have fun
- To enjoy some good food, including traditional Christmas meal & Chinese New Year celebration
- To learn about British culture, eg. Bonfire Night, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Easter
- To find out about the Christian faith
For more information - www.stbartsbath.org/international-cafe
BCCF - Bath Chinese Christian Fellowship. http://www.bcocf.org.uk/
Friends International - Resource for international students. http://www.friendsinternational.org.uk/home-new2uk.html